10 Quick Tips
Obtaining Your Marriage License In Ontario
- A Marriage License is only issued only to Bride or Groom.
- Both parties must sign the Marriage License Application.
- Two pieces of identification are required by each applicant in order to obtain your marriage license. You can use your original birth certificate or valid passport for identification.
- If there is any change of information such as your name you will require relevant documents when applying. These include: your name on the birth certificates, record of immigrant landing or Canadian Citizenship card plus photo – you will require identification for both parties, regardless of whether both parties will be present.
- The License fees range from $100.00 to $130.00, payable by Cash, Interac or Certified Cheque.
- Licenses will be issued during normal business hours.(8:30am – 4:30pm)
- If you have been divorced within Canada, the original or court certified copy of the Decree Absoluter Certificate of Divorce from the court where the divorce was granted is required.
- If you were divorced outside of Canada, please request foreign divorce instructions.
- A marriage license is valid for use anywhere in Ontario for a period of (3) months from the date of issuance.
- Allow approximately 8 to 16 weeks from the date of marriage before applying for a marriage certificate.
Visit Us At Majestic Bridal Boutique or Call us at (905) 397 – 2386
Created By Susan Brooker
Owner Of Majestic Bridal Boutique