Bridesmaid Check List
Being a Bridesmaid is integral part of the Wedding dynamics. You are not only named to be noticed as a important person to the bride but looked upon for your skills in multitasking, ongoing support, play a important role in all bridal events and planning. This can be a trying position! Instead of being blinded and running rapidly around asking “what can I do” just take these 20 tips into consideration!
- As a Bridesmaid you need to offer with wedding tasks, such as volunteer to help the bride shop for the bridesmaid dresses, theme decorations and help with invitations.
- Pool your money together with the other Bridesmaids and help pay for the Bachelorrett party.
- Take the initiative to search out affordable Bridesmaid Dresses, jewelry and shoes.
- If the bride hasn’t found her dress, take the initiative and look for dresses in the style she is looking for.
- Go with the bride when she tries on her Wedding Gown – be honest and considerate.
- Be supportive to the bride and your fellow bridesmaids – this can be a very emotionally stressful time for everyone.
- Offer to go with the Bride when choosing the Florist, Hall and Caterer.
- Offer to pay for your own Bridesmaid Dress and bridal accessories.
- Help plan and pay for the Bridal Shower.
- Look into Bridal registry’s – provide them a list of stores that would be useful to them – take into consideration the items they will need or want for their future together.
- Offer the Matron of Honor your assistance and support – this is surely a stressful time for everyone!
- Offer to keep a record of any gifts received and by who at any related parties. This will help the Groom and Bride with who to write a detailed thank-you card.
- Try to be positive about your Bridesmaid Gown and its color regardless of how you really think.
- Attend all the rehearsal dinners and any related ceremony’s.
- Offer to run any last minute errands on the day of the wedding.
- Offer to confirm the cake delivery and flower delivery.
- Greet the ceremony officiants on the day of the wedding.
- Direct the guests to the guest book, restrooms and bar.
- Encourage the guest to dance, offer too dance with unsure guests who look shy!
- Ensure your the bride has a topped up glass of wine!
Even if you are limited on time and ability to help with this joyous occasion, remeber any little bit of help will make a world of difference! See our Online Bridal Shop to see how you can save on quality Bridesmaid Dresses, Formal Wear and Bride Gowns.
Canada Directory – Canadian directory featuring real estate, travel & tourism, business & services links of all kinds.
Author: Susan Brooker (owner of Majestic Bridal Boutique)